Could you be who we are looking for?
- To support the team and faculty in the planning and logistics and ensure the smooth running of programmes during the 2020 year
- To assist the UK Programme Lead expanding partnerships, engaging stakeholder and maintaining relationships including with programme sponsors, funders and expert contributors
- To assist in the management of the programme’s monitoring and evaluation and the assessment of learners towards their certification.
- To assist in the ongoing development of Resilience Routes and learning journeys and explore resources that can practically engage and assist educators and young people negotiate their route to resilience
- To support the strategic communications and social media recruitment and giving campaigns through the year including the annual Big Give campaign
UK Programme Lead
Routes to Resilience is a social enterprise established by the Impact Trust, a public benefit organisation operating in both Europe (UK Charity Reg. No 1167011) and South Africa (Reg No. PBO930038303), that works to promote sustainable development through a programme of research, advocacy and education in the multiple literacies sitting at the heart of leadership practice, both personally and professionally.
R2R’s mission is to promote sustainability literacy and leadership in sustainability practice including sustainable livelihoods and lifestyles. Our work engages young adults at high school, educators, gap year learners and early professionals, providing the opportunity to participate in certificated knowledge programmes, uniquely curated immersive learning journeys and interactive seminars to develop the knowledge and skills they need to think, lead and live sustainably and develop personal and professional resilience.
Routes to Resilience is growing rapidly in South Africa and expanding strategically in the United Kingdom with some work having started with European partners and in developing collaborations in South and East Africa. With the completion of service of two interns already, we have openings for interested applicants keen to develop deep knowledge and practice in this field.
If you are a passionate, purpose driven and articulate graduate with an interest in environmental literacy, citizenship and sustainability intelligence this could be a great opportunity to develop your skills, networks and knowledge further. Demonstrating initiative aligned to mission, demonstrated entrepreneurial qualities and ability to deal with the pace and ambiguity of an early stage company, you will have great interpersonal skills, diplomacy, tact and exceptional collaboration attributes as well as an ability to work with stakeholders ranging from community organisations to corporate executives, high net worth individuals to government policymakers.
This is an internship role and remuneration is a mix of stipend and access to opportunity, travel and engagement with networks at senior levels.
Email ann@Routes2Resilience.org with your motivation letter detailing why us, why you, why now and what you hope to get out of this year and attach your resume.